Wednesday 1 February 2012

yarn along

Joining in with the yarn along this week.



We have a finished baby jacket for Roghan from this free pattern, it is very simple and quick to knit, this is the 2nd one I have made and I will definitely be making the next size up.


I have cast on for the second mitten but only done a few rows.
I have been reading Elizabeth Zimmermann's knitters almanac, It is a well read book but I still find something new each time. I just love the way she writes and the whole slightly made up, if it works - do it, way of knitting is absolutely the way I work!

Also this week I made a knitting needle case so I don't have to search the entire house every time I need to start something.


Jo x 

10 comments:

  1. i need a needle case.. mine are in a vinyl thingy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable sweater on such a beautiful baby!
    I love EZ's books, she really was wonderful.
    Happy Yarn Along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little babe is too sweet.
    Great sweater too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great little sweater. Your little one looks wonderful and warm in it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that little sweater. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet picture of your little guy and his sweater, thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I keep promising myself a needle case. One day! Knitters Almanac is on my list too. Lovely sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Knitter's Alamanac, too. Such great information and so entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous baby cardigan! And a lovely little model as well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the Knitter's Almanac!

    ReplyDelete