Tuesday 31 January 2012

make: lip balm

I have been making creams, shaving foam and lip balms this week. For this lip balm recipe I used to do it in silicone mini cupcake moulds and have it as more of a lip balm bar that was kept in the fridge but I decided that it was good enough and used enough for me to buy some proper lip balm tubes.


My recipe is -
1 part beeswax
1 part oil (I used grapeseed this time but I also sometimes use olive or almond oil)
1 part 'butter' (not actual butter! I used 1/2 shea butter and 1/2 cocoa butter)
20 drops peppermint essential oil

Put all ingredients in a double boiler (mine is an old coffee can in a pan of water), and heat until melted.

Pour into your neatly lined up waiting containers ...



... then discover that you can't pour very well from a wide can into a tiny tube.


All those little bits come off easily once set and can be saved to melt down again next time. Leave your lip balm to set then enjoy lovely soft lips.


Jo x 

No comments:

Post a Comment